Terms and conditions
The following Terms and Conditions (in addition to the documents referred to in them) govern your use of our website and its related sites, services, applications, and tools. By using servicingstop.co.uk you confirm that you both understand these Terms and Conditions and that you agree to abide by them. This document supersedes Terms and Conditions listed on all previously dated documents.
Please read the Terms carefully and if you do not accept the Terms, do not use the Website.
We may need to change the Terms from time to time for a number of reasons (including to comply with applicable laws and regulations, and regulatory requirements). Any minor or insubstantial changes may be made at any time and you are advised to review the Terms on a regular basis. The most up to date Terms will be available on the Website. All major changes will be notified to you in advance of such changes taking effect. If any change is unacceptable to you, you should cease using the Website and/or close your account. If, however, you continue to use the Website after the date on which the changes to the Terms come into effect, you will be deemed to have accepted those changes.
Reference to "you", "your" or the "customer" is reference to any person using the Website or the services of Servicing Stop or any registered customer of Servicing Stop.
Our up to 60% off claim against main dealers is based on Servicing Stop data which is regularly checked and updated to ensure its accuracy and that our customers saved up to 60% based on the average savings between the Servicing Stop service cost and like for like, comparable dealership quote.
Every week, Servicing Stop also change pricing for Servicing or MOT's for a weekly promotion. The timer on our website relates to the price change and promotion for that week for Servicing or MOT's with that offer ending and price available ending when the timer runs out.
Black Friday Promotions
Black Friday Sale Savings are available to all customers who use our pay now and save option and pay in advance for their booking. To access this saving place a booking on our website and follow our pay now and save steps - The price of the booking will be reduced by £25.00 upon a successful payment in advance. The saving is not available to customers who choose to not pay in advance for your booking.
Information about Servicing Stop Ltd
Who we are
You are contracting with Servicing Stop Ltd, a company registered in England with Company Registration Number 6558606. The registered office is 57 London Road, Enfield, EN2 6DU. References to "Servicing Stop", "we", "our" and "us" throughout the Terms and Conditions refer to this Company.
Our VAT registration
Our VAT Registration Number is GB 939 7924 59.
Terms and conditions
- The completion of a booking, and the subsequent receipt of a confirmation email for a car service, MOT, repairs or any future offering by Servicing Stop Ltd constitutes a binding contract between the Customer and Servicing Stop Ltd.
- All person(s) using either the Servicing Stop website or calling Servicing Stop by phone to make a booking should be at least 18 years of age and reside in the UK.
- Servicing Stop Ltd shall provide the customer with detailed costing information of their car servicing before any work is started. All work and costs, including additional work following a garage survey, must be approved by the customer before said work is carried out.
- It is always the intention of Servicing Stop to complete the Customer's car service, MOT or repairs within 1 day. Sometimes - due to reasons beyond the control of Servicing Stop - late delivery may be necessary. Should this be the case, the customer will be advised accordingly by a service advisor.
- All additional work is subject to VAT as required by UK law.
- Depending on your vehicle's make and model, specialist oils (longlife oil or low ash/saps oil) may be required for your service. All specialist oils have a set price of £24.99 + VAT. Should your vehicle require replacement spark plugs or a new fuel filter, they will be quoted to you on the day of the service.
- Servicing Stop are committed to reducing our own environmental footprint whilst also using resources responsibly and reducing waste, to this end we charge a minimum environmental surcharge fee of £7.99 + VAT or a 2% fee levied on the total final bill (whatever is greater) which will be itemised on your invoice for more information visit Environmental surcharge.
- Depending on the level of fluids at the point of service, a fluid top up (gear box oil, axle oil, transfer box oil (if applicable), under bonnet fluids, break fluid, antifreeze and clutch fluid) may be required. If a fluid top up should be required, you will be charged a one-off fee of £5.99 + VAT which will be added to your final bill.
- All parts used will adhere to the vehicle manufacturers' service schedules, and will be of OE quality - thereby ensuring all manufacturers' warranties are validated.
- Servicing Stop Ltd will fully support your vehicle's service history. Upon completion of the service your vehicle's service book will be stamped, a copy of the service schedule will be provided and, if relevant, digital service records will be updated. (Certain BMW's have onboard service books. We are currently in the process of working with BMW so we can update these; in the meantime we will always ensure the vehicle's warranty is protected at all times).
- All vehicle servicing performed by Servicing Stop carries a 12-month (or 12,000 - whichever comes first) warranty. The warranty covers replacement parts - should they be defective - or related workmanship.
- The warranty is dependent on: Servicing Stop Ltd being given an opportunity to investigate and rectify any faults within a reasonable timeframe; The manufacturer's vehicle operating instructions being followed; Ensuring the vehicle is serviced at a frequency recommended by the manufacturer (for the relevant time and distance); Full compliance with Servicing Stop advisories, warnings and information or any instructions provided by Servicing Stop; The parts or workmanship performed by Servicing Stop not being subjected to abnormal conditions or unreasonable wear and tear.
- Servicing Stop Ltd does not accept any liability for damage, losses or theft resulting from the storage of customer vehicles at a Servicing Stop Ltd garage.
- As a customer, you are entitled to cancel a booking or request to cancel any agreed work that has not been completed at the time you cancel, to cancel a future booking please click here. To cancel any extra work please contact us on 0344 225 3303, any refunds for work not completed or pre paid service costs will be refunded back within 14 days of the cancellation notice.
a) Servicing Stop offers free vehicle collection and delivery as standard on all servicing packages. The target vehicle collection time is between 8am and 10am. The target delivery time is 4pm and 6pm. If unforeseen circumstances cause the vehicle to be collected/delivered outside these times, the customer shall be updated by a Servicing Stop representative. If your vehicle is undrivable then recovery will need to be arranged. If desired, Servicing Stop can provide quotations for the cost of vehicle recovery from the nominated collection address. Alternatively, this can be arranged independently either with your insurance provider or a vehicle recovery company of your choosing. Vehicle recovery is not included within our free collection and delivery service.
b) Under new MOT test regulations - effective 20 May 2018 - a vehicle with defects classified as 'dangerous' may not be driven on public roads in England, Scotland or Wales unless corrective work is undertaken. If the defects remain unfixed, legally the vehicle may not be driven from the test centre either by Servicing Stop - as part of prearranged delivery, or by the customer or any third party. The vehicle may be collected via a recovery service arranged either privately or via Servicing Stop, at a cost to be incurred by the customer. A vehicle with defects classified as 'major' will only be delivered at the discretion of the garage; Servicing Stop may ask the vehicle owner to either collect or arrange for the vehicle to be recovered.
- In the event of a courtesy or replacement vehicle being offered to the customer for the duration of the service; this will be subject to the servicing garage's insurance. If the event of a claim on the insurance, the customer will be liable to pay the excess on the claim. Before taking possession of the replacement/courtesy vehicle, the customer must agree to all terms and conditions of the said policy put in place by the servicing garage. In the event of insurance not being applicable to a replacement/courtesy car, the servicing garage will inform the customer that they are responsible for providing their own insurance.
- Servicing Stop shall not be held responsible for loss, theft or damage to item(s), valuables or monies contained within the vehicle for the duration of the contracted work - including vehicle collection and delivery.
- Servicing Stop Ltd is not liable for any loss, damage or delay in the services it provides should such services be subject to: an act of God, industrial action such as strikes or government disputes, factors outside the control of Servicing Stop Ltd.
- Where applicable - Servicing Stop Ltd adhere to relevant Health & Safety legislation.
- Any customer participating in Servicing Stop loyalty schemes should be advised - any account remaining inactive following the 12-month activation anniversary will cease to be valid and any funds contained therein are non-refundable.
- By agreeing to these Terms & Conditions you are agreeing to the outlined service schedule for the relevant service - details of our service plans can be found here. Servicing Stop Ltd will refer to your vehicle's manufacturer service schedule, adding any additional item's not included on our own service schedule as advisories. Items not included on our own service schedule may be subject to extra charges - these will only be conducted following permission.
- Should any complaint arise following car servicing performed by Servicing Stop Ltd, all subsequent communications that are made concerning the resolution of the complaint should be restricted between Servicing Stop Ltd and the customer. The servicing garage should not be contacted by the customer with the intention of seeking resolution or remuneration. For full details about our complaints policy, click here.
- Servicing Stop Ltd endeavours to resolve all disputes amicably and professionally within a 28-day period. Should the process of resolution take longer than this, Servicing Stop Ltd will notify the customer accordingly. If a resolution to a dispute is not forthcoming via our internal procedure, Servicing Stop are licensed with the ADR Group whom are our dispute resolution provider www.adrgroup.co.uk. Alternatively, you can refer the complaint to the EU Commission's Online Dispute Resolution (ODR) Platform at www.ec.europa.eu.
- Servicing Stop Ltd guarantees to beat any 'Full Service', 'Interim Service' or 'MOT' price offered by the main dealers on a like-for-like basis. This excludes any short-term promotions, such as 'January Sale', 'Black Friday' or 'Cyber Tuesday'. A written comparable quote of the offer in question should be provided as evidence of the comparable offer. 'Full Service' and 'Interim Service' prices do not take into account potentially advised additional work.
- Should a transaction exceed £1,000 - or should a fraud alert be raised - Servicing Stop Ltd reserves the right to ask for payment to be made via BACS/CHAPS.
- If an invoice remains unpaid we may pass on your details to an external collection company and all additional fees incurred will be the liability of the customer not Servicing Stop.
Servicing Stop Promotion Terms and Conditions
- To participate in any Servicing Stop promotional event, entrants will be deemed to have understood and accepted these terms and conditions and are subsequently bound by them.
- The prize draw ("Promotion") is open to residents of the UK (excluding Northern Ireland) aged 18 years or over, excluding employees and their immediate families (defined as parents, siblings, children & spouse regardless of where they live) of Servicing Stop Ltd ("Promoter"), its affiliated companies, their agents or anyone professionally connected with this promotion.
- Customers are entered into a promotion when they book their MOT, service or repair online on the day that the timer is visible. Entry to this prize draw is not available by any other means.
- A Promotion begins as soon as the countdown timer is live on our website; it ends when the timer runs out.
- The winner will be selected at random (under independent supervision) from all qualifying submitted entries on the day of the timer. Depending on the details advertised by the promotion, the winner shall receive one of the following: their MOT, service or repair work refunded (base price), a voucher for their next service, a cash prize for the amount specified on the prize draw banner made payable via BACS; the customer can choose to have this amount deducted from the final cost of their service.
- The winner(s) will be notified by phone and email according to the contact details supplied on their booking and will be given full details of how to redeem their prize. Winners will have seven days to respond to the email to redeem their prize in accordance with instructions from the Promoter. If a winner fails to redeem their prize within this time period, the Promoter reserves the right to award the prize to another entrant.
- The Promoter reserves the right to request proof of age and identity of winners.
- Any breach of these terms and conditions may invalidate an entry and/or result in a forfeit of the prize.
- Winners names will be available on request by writing to Promoter at Servicing Stop Ltd, 57 London Road, Enfield, EN2 6DU and may be identified within subsequent marketing emails. The Promoter's decision is final in all matters relating to this Promotion and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The Promoter reserves the right to terminate, amend, extend this promotion in wholly exceptional circumstances outside its control.
- By entering this Promotion, all entrants consent to the transfer of their personal data to the Promoter for the purposes of the administration of this Promotion.
- By entering, all entrants agree to the Promoter announcing them as winners and using their entry across their social media channels and through online advertising.
- By entering, all entrants agree to being photographed, interviewed and filmed and featured in post activity marketing material relevant to the Promotion.
- The Promoter reserves the right to remove any offensive, incomprehensible or otherwise inappropriate entries. The Promoter shall not be liable for any late, lost, incomplete, inappropriate or incomprehensible entries.
- These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by English law and the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction.
- The Promoter is Servicing Stop Ltd, 57 London Road, Enfield, EN2 6DU. Please do not send entries to this address.
Suspension and closure of loyalty scheme accounts
- If you want to close your account, please Contact Us.
- Servicing Stop reserves the right to close or suspend your account at any time and for any reason. Without limiting the preceding sentence, Servicing Stop shall be entitled to close or suspend your account if:
- Servicing Stop considers that you have used the Website in a fraudulent manner or for illegal and/or unlawful or improper purposes;
- Servicing Stop is requested to do so by the police, any regulatory authority or court;
- Servicing Stop considers that any of the events referred to above may have occurred or are likely to occur; or
- Your account is deemed to be dormant and its balance is, or reaches zero in accordance with the paragraph below.
Terms and conditions of your personal Engine Flush or Fuel Treatment Agreement
How it works
- Lifetime Engine Flush and/or Fuel Treatment is available on all types of car and 4x4 vehicles (not vans or commercial vehicles).
- Purchase a supplied and completed Engine Flush and/or Fuel Treatment at standard price (including any discount that may be available at the time). This will commence your lifetime agreement for one or both of these items.
- We must carry out all treatments if you want to take advantage of the lifetime replacement.
- We will complete during the continuation of the agreement an Engine Flush or Fuel Treatment (whichever applicable or both) when booked for a yearly service with Servicing Stop
- You must provide your previous invoice reference to verify lifetime agreement
- Lifetime Agreement is not transferable to a different vehicle and will expire for the vehicle in question with an ownership change.
- Agreement based on items being completed at a minimum of 11 months since previous replacement and to be completed alongside a booked oil, interim or full service with Servicing Stop
- By depositing funds into your account, you direct us and we agree to hold them, for the sole and specific purpose of using them in connection with the use of our services.
- All funds that we hold for you are held in separate designated customer bank accounts to be used solely for the Purpose and the bank has acknowledged this. We must return the funds to you if they are not used for the Purpose.
- The bank has acknowledged that your funds are held in those accounts solely for the Purpose. The bank has confirmed that it will not mix customers' funds in those accounts with any other, including our own, and that it has no claim on the funds itself.
- You agree that we shall be entitled to retain any interest which might accrue on monies held in your Servicing Stop account.
- Unless otherwise stated, all examples given on the Website are given in Pounds Sterling.